Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Fathers Boots


My Fathers Boots, originally uploaded by TomRaven.

I left my fathers boots at the foot of a Buddha in Canberra
I've walked a thousand miles in those old boots, and he many more before me

Half a century I've been walking in my fathers footsteps
A decade and a half since he's been gone, passed on before me

...as it should be

I left my fathers boots in a land he never walked upon
An irony he would enjoy as I move on, into my own later life

After half a century it's time to step into my own footsteps
My son has been walking now for over two decades, beyond me

...as it should be


Tom Raven - 03.02.2009 - Canberra

Best Viewed Large On Black - Buddhist Centre, Narrabundah, Canberra [?]




MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment