Friday, November 11, 2011

Review: 1Q84 Book 1 and Book 2


1Q84 Book 1 and Book 2
1Q84 Book 1 and Book 2 by Haruki Murakami

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Murakami, the master weaver of worlds, at his epic best! This is a stunning and complex story expertly woven by alternating the two main characters, Tengo and Aomame. This book defies categorisation. at once drama, thriller, epic and love story it is a literary masterpiece that enthralls the reader from beginning to end. Absolutely the best Murakami, in fact best book I have read for a long long time. Clearly the first two of three books, the end leaves everything hanging and demands you immediately read Book 3. Thank god for the Kindle! ...even though I was on a beach in sub-Saharan Africa I just went online and downloaded Book 3 there and then with Whispernet.

A Brilliant literary masterpiece from a modern literary master!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment