Monday, June 22, 2009

Crocodile Island Blues


Crocodile Island Blues, originally uploaded by TomRaven.

Kapiti Island is such a magical, mystical place!

Taken from Pukerua Bay, Kapiti Coast, Wellington, New Zealand and featuring Kapiti Island Nature Reserve, the Kapiti Marine Sanctuary, Sun, Sea, Clouds and Sky.

“Mother of heaven, regina of the clouds,
O sceptre of the sun, crown of the moon,
There is not nothing, no, no, never nothing,
Like the clashed edges of two words that kill.”
And so I mocked her in magnificent measure.
Or was it that I mocked myself alone?
I wish that I might be a thinking stone.
The sea of spuming thought foists up again
The radiant bubble that she was. And then
A deep up-pouring from some saltier well
Within me, bursts its watery syllable.


From Le Monocle de Mon Oncle by Wallace Stevens (1879 - 1955)

Best Viewed Large On Black - Pukerua Bay, New Zealand [?]

No comments:

Post a Comment