Sunday, June 14, 2009

Morning Glory: Beyond the Fence


Morning Glory: Beyond the Fence, originally uploaded by TomRaven.

The glorious light of morning at dawn on a cold winters day in paradise.
I stop at this place most mornings on my way to work and at the moment this is coinciding with dawn so a great photo opportunity on a nice day. This is another HDR, a little more gaudy this time but a pretty true reflection of what the sunrise looked like on this cold and frosty morning. The viewpoint looks out over the Kapiti Coast with Kapiti Island to the left and the Tararua Ranges to the right. Between mountains and sea on a narrow strip of land lie Paekakariki below and Paraparaumu in the distance and the single road and rail links into the capital, Wellington.

That I walk up my stoop, I pause to consider if it really be,
A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.

To behold the day-break!
The little light fades the immense and diaphanous shadows,
The air tastes good to my palate.

Hefts of the moving world at innocent gambols silently rising freshly exuding,
Scooting obliquely high and low.

Something I cannot see puts upward libidinous prongs,
Seas of bright juice suffuse heaven.

The earth by the sky staid with, the daily close of their junction,
The heav’d challenge from the east that moment over my head,
The mocking taunt, See then whether you shall be master!


From Song of Myself by Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

Best Viewed Large On Black - See where this picture was taken. [?]

No comments:

Post a Comment