Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Greenlands


Greenlands, originally uploaded by TomRaven.

Another English Country House, this time in Buckinghamshire, one of the Home Counties, what ho ;-)
Getting closer to the epicentre of Royal Wedding land... hard to avoid over here at the moment, believe me

Old England.
Art ignorant indeed of these my woes,
Or must my forced tongue these griefs disclose,
And must my self dissect my tatter’d state,
Which Amazed Christendom stands wondering at?
And thou a child, a Limb, and dost not feel
My weak’ned fainting body now to reel?
This physic-purging-potion I have taken
Will bring Consumption or an Ague quaking,
Unless some Cordial thou fetch from high,
Which present help may ease my malady.
If I decease, dost think thou shalt survive?
Or by my wasting state dost think to thrive?
Then weigh our case, if ‘t be not justly sad.
Let me lament alone, while thou art glad.


From A Dialogue between Old England and New By Anne Bradstreet

English Country Houses Series #2
Greenlands, Henley-on-Thames, Buckinghamshire

No comments:

Post a Comment