Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pining for the Past


Pining for the Past, originally uploaded by TomRaven.

What I am laying before you is my whole soul; otherwise I would rather have kept silent, as I do not like to lose words over things that everyone knows as little about as I do. What else is it but human destiny to suffer out one's measure, drink up one's cup?--And if the chalice was too bitter for the God from heaven on His human lips, why should I boast and pretend that it tastes sweet to me? And why should I be ashamed in the terrible moment when my entire being trembles between being and nothingness, since the past flashes like lightning above the dark abyss of the future and everything around me is swallowed up, and the world perishes with me?

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (The Sorrows of Young Werther)

One from the archives today (for I have thousands of unposted shots)... I do miss my beach!

* Pentax K20D and Pentax SMC DA-18-55mm Lens

More to come... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment